Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cupcakes, Paint & 23

I guess I get it from my mom. It was never a problem growing up but it definitely is now. If I have caffeine anytime like after lunch then I won't be getting to sleep til early in the morning. I like to think it's beneficial cause it keeps me drinking really only water but give me one sip or in this cause a chocolate cupcake with mocha butter cream icing and I'm done for. The instant coffee in the icing was even decaf! Oh, well I've been meaning to update my blog any ways. As well as the gift of caffeine sensitivity I also am an amazing procrastinator, I think I get that from my dad;) Hence the reason I'm updated my blog the day before I head back to Michigan! Ha.

This break has been pretty memorable. Why is it as soon as you get comfortable and connected you have to leave...maybe it's just me? And the fact that I'm always moving around? You think? I don't know. Anyways...memorable break, right!

I guess for starters I've had a good time bonding with my younger sister. She's been somewhat handicap the last two months, due to a softball accident she did some serious damage to her knee and has been on crutches. So, for the most part of break I've been taking care of her. She has progressed so much since I've been home and it's been so tender watching her learn to walk again! ...aww. The boys have been gone all summer so I guess that helps the bonding too!

I have done so many fun activities over break. My parents decided to paint the house. So out came the paint clothes and I got busy. My grandparents came down and so dad, papa, momma, and me did some remodeling to the front of the house. Well, mostly dad and papa, but I cocked and painted! Went to a Braves game with my parents & grandparents. There was a slight rain delay but we got to see the crew cover the field and try to keep the field dry. That was pretty entertaining. The game was good too, they won.

Got to spend some good times with old friends. So thankful for people that care about me and take time to listen. Spent some quality time with my Dad. We went on a white water rafting trip in North GA. Guide wasn't that great but we had fun and I only fell out once! We also jumped off some cliffs! Ok, well they were just rocks and it was only like 8ft up but still!! It was high! Had lunch on the rocks with hippies and no plates...

Lets see...celebrated my 23rd birthday! What? Yeah, I know sounds weird.. Some of my relatives came up and we went to Mimi's Cafe...got free chocolate mousse pie. Went to Fl and went to the wedding of some old family friend's daughter. We didn't know anybody at the wedding(besides the family) but mom and my sister and I had fun getting dressed up! We got ready in one bathroom in a mall and then changed in the car...haha! We headed down to my grandparents and hung out with some of our relatives for a few days. Abby and I laid out...and got burned! But Papa had a miracle cream and we could hardly feel we were burnt so bad! Went to the midnight showing of a movie...slept for 3hrs then hopped in the car for a 7hr drive home, Then we got home and got all dressed up and headed to downtown A.T.L. for dinner on the town and Phantom of the Opera at the Fox! It was amazing! We've had the P.O.T.O movie on the last two days! I have a new found appreciation for the arts!

Today..or umm, yesterday was my mom's birthday. Abby and I watched a cupcake bake off show on Food Network while down in FL so we decided to make mom some cupcakes for her b-day. As I said before, chocolate fudge with mocha butter cream icing. We decorated them all fancy and they tasted amazing! Cupcake desire-fulfilled. So, yeah...I think your pretty much up to date!

I head back up to Michigan Sunday. I will be working family camp til the end of July, after which training camp starts and then we hit the road some time around the beginning of September. Crazy days ahead! Trying to get mentally prepared for whats next. Break has been so great but I know I have to get back and get busy! Well, I think I'm tired now. Got a lot to get done before I head out. Thank you for your prayers and support! Enjoy your summer! And...goodnight!

No comments: