Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Growing up



I think it needs to be said that the Lord is up to something in my life. The last 6 months or so
have been crazy. Growing leaps and bounds in my faith and growing as a person.
The phrase that was a theme for me this summer was "it's time to man-up
and be a woman". I'm still growing in that one. I think some of it has to
do with growing up and the fact that I turned 24 this summer. But the majority
has to do with the fact that back in the spring I surrendered to Jesus as
Master and Lord of my life. I know what you’re thinking, wait, wait, say what?
I know, how could I have grown up in a Christian home, gone to church my whole
life and traveled in a ministry for 5 1/2 years and not have been saved? Well,
folks it's called going through the motions. I mean I wasn't trying to fake it
or anything. I knew how to live the Christian life. I knew the answers, how to
act and what to do, but I had no power. I was still fighting for control. I had
never fully surrendered to Jesus as Master and Lord of my life. There is just
such a difference in my heart. There's a joy, peace, hope, love, victory, and
understanding of the word that was never there before. There are still
struggles but I'm no longer wrestling with how to fix things. I'm just trusting
Christ and believing that He is sovereign and in control. It's so freeing! I am
so thankful that Christ is faithful and pursues me even when I didn't realize I
was lost. I am His and my life is for His glory. And I'm just in the process of
the learning what that looks like for me.

I head back on the road for next half of the year in a couple of days. Breaks been great. Busy but
good. Spent a lot of time with my parents and some friends. I feel so much more
stable now. I hadn't really thought about it but it's true. Circumstance aren't
easy right now but I rest in a sure foundation, Jesus Christ. Wow, that's cool!
Anyways...that was just off the top of my head! So yeah break...good. I've also
done a couple of pinterest projects, so fun. I love doing stuff with my hands
or I just like staying busy... I've also done some cooking and baking and
running with my dad. So fun! I'm so thankful for my parents, friends, and the
time to get a different perspective on life this break. Also, a little ready to
get back to my "normal" schedule of road life though. My life may be
crazy but I do love it! It's a new year and I'm excited to see what God has in
store. It's gonna be good...

No comments: